The French-American Aid for Children organization, born in the fires of WW II, wants to re-fresh its mission and re-energize its membership.
Nonprofit: French-American Aid For Children
For almost 80 years, FAAFC has made a difference in children’s lives here in the New York City area and in France by funding and monitoring projects at selected children’s charities addressing issues in health care, education, and child abuse. Historically, FAAFC’s fundraising has relied heavily on membership and an annual gala. Changing demographics and competition for funding are undermining this model, and FAAFC is looking for ways to re-invigorate the organization and build a foundation for the next 80 years.
Project: Mission Re-Boot
Initially founded to help orphaned children after WWII, the organization evolved into a conduit for donations to children’s charities in the US & France. Now, faced with declining membership, FAAFC needs help in refining its mission statement and positioning to ensure sustained membership support. Specific goals of this session are:
• Identify the ‘compelling need’ that will uniquely appeal to FFAFC’s market segment
• Assess ideas for updating and better focusing the mission statement
• Brainstorm elements of a value proposition for membership
- Interested HBS alumni should sign up by July 26th at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T8RXVR7.
- The brainstorming session will be held on either Aug 6th or 7th in the evening (final date TBA).
- The brainstorming session will last 2-3 hours; there will be 1-2 hours of project prep.
- Questions? Contact Project Coordinator: Jessica Ziegler MBA ’84 firstname.lastname@example.org.