Community Capital New York (CCNY) is a nonprofit lender and Community Development Financial Institution that wants to brainstorm to identify challenges and opportunities that will lay the foundation for a strategic planning initiative.
Nonprofit: Community Capital New York
CCNY’s mission is to foster economic opportunity by providing innovative loans and business training that supports women and/or entrepreneurs of color and the creation of affordable homes so all residents can be stakeholders in a thriving, inclusive and equitable economy.
Project: Discussion of the Future of Community Capital New York with its Board of Directors
CCNY is at a transition point. Brainstorm to help the organization identify challenges and opportunities that will lay the foundation for a strategic planning initiative. Topics include:
- Succession planning in light of the expected retirement of Founder/CEO
- Identifying an appropriate balance between two business lines: small business loans and affordable housing financing
- Review of funding sources to establish sustainability
- Interested HBS alumni should sign up by September 23, 2019
- The brainstorming session will be held Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 7:00PM – in Elmsford or lower Westchester County.
- The session will last approximately 2 hours.
- Questions? Contact Project Coordinator: Calvin Mew, PMD 1984, firstname.lastname@example.org