Antibodies could transform how we prevent and treat HIV, but a road map is needed to support commercialization and affordable global access.
Nonprofit: International AIDS Vaccine Initiative
The International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) is a nonprofit scientific research organization dedicated to addressing urgent, unmet global health challenges including HIV and other infectious diseases. IAVI’s mission is to translate scientific discoveries into affordable, accessible public health solutions for the people who need them most.
Through scientific and clinical research in Africa, India, Europe, and the U.S., IAVI is pioneering development of lifesaving vaccines and antibodies and seeking to accelerate the introduction of affordable, accessible products in low-income countries.
Project: Commercial Pathway
Develop a road map to commercialization of a novel biological product for the prevention and/or treatment of HIV. Activities include:
- Evaluate potential strategies to commercialize an HIV antibody product.
- Provide a recommendation of the best commercial strategy based on sustainable and affordable global access.
- Lay out milestones for execution of the recommended strategy.
- Interested HBS alumni should sign up by February 21st, 2020.
- The kick-off meeting will be scheduled in early March 2020.
- The session will last approximately 10-15 hours per month for 3-4 months.
- Questions? Contact Project Coordinator Andrew Silbiger, MBA 1996, email@example.com or Cathy Stephenson, MBA 1990, Cathy_Stephenson@mckinsey.com.