Fostering Change for Children adapted the Teach for American model to train foster care workers. Join to discuss how to prepare the Board to enhance its future growth.
Nonprofit: Fostering Change for Children
FCFC adapted the Teach for America model to enhance the child welfare workforce through the specialized selection, training, and support of new frontline workers in child welfare. Its mission is to improve vulnerable children’s well-being and chances for success by building a workforce with highly-skilled and dedicated workers who have the potential to become leaders in the field.
The program offers an employment opportunity for individuals who want to work with at-risk children, youth and families. The program partners with New York City child welfare agencies that employ the members and provide them with a full salary and benefits.
Project: Board Development
FCFC is poised to move to the next level by expanding its scope of services and reach. It wants to position its Board to help drive that change.
• How the Board can help drive growth through fundraising and geographic expansion
• How to expand Board membership and add members with different skill sets
• How to establish clear Board responsibilities
• Interested HBS alumni should sign up by October 15th at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VQZR88Z
• The brainstorming session will be held late October.
• The brainstorming session will last approximately two hours.
• Questions? Contact Project Coordinator Hal Kennedy ‘84 at firstname.lastname@example.org.