ALA’s Metro NY Market seeks counsel from experienced leaders about how to redesign their Leadership Board – or to create an entirely new board – to attract and retain top corporate talent.
Nonprofit: American Lung Association
Who among us hasn’t had a friend or family member afflicted by the devastation of lung disease? The American Lung Association is one of the nation’s most prestigious health advocacy organizations. It leads the fight for healthy lungs and healthy air by searching for cures to lung diseases, dramatically reducing tobacco use and vigorously supporting legislation to protect our lungs and the air we breathe.
Project: Board Strategy – starting with Metro New York but keeping in mind the ultimate goal of replicating strategies nationwide
- Develop strategy to attract new members with ties to the NYC Corporate C-Suite
- Maximize local Leadership Board’s long-term engagement, commitment and outside leverage
- Clarify current local Leadership Board’s role and its member’s responsibilities
- Interested HBS alumni should sign up by February 20th at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D8279MB.
- Brainstorming session will be held on March 5th, 6-8pm, at ALA’s headquarters in Midtown Manhattan (details to be provided to participants).
- The brainstorming session will last approximately 2 hours.
- Questions? Contact Project Coordinators Amory Houghton, MBA 1979, AHoughton3@aol.com or Cathy Stephenson, MBA 1990, Cathy_Stephenson@McKinsey.com.