Through creative arts, incarcerated people undergo a profound transformation. Metrics enforce this powerful solution to recidivism, and many Rehabilitation Through the Arts. (RTA) alumni express remorse by helping others make better life choices.
Nonprofit: Rehabilitation Through the Arts (RTA)
RTA’s mission is to use the transformative power of the arts to develop social and cognitive skills that prisoners need for successful reintegration into the community. RTA raises public awareness of the humanity behind prison walls. RTA is a commitment to a community of peers that uses the arts as a tool to support emotional, social and cognitive growth. Studies have shown that RTA participants demonstrate improved behavior and anger management, with fewer and less serious infractions.
Project: Strategic Planning
This follow-on strategic planning brainstorming session will focus on best practices for prioritizing RTA’s existing goals and optimizing its newfound resources. How does a successful, growing enterprise decide what next steps to take? What is the “template” for comparing and ranking options? How does RTA swing into action and chose among attractive and distinct expansion alternatives?
- Propose an analytical framework for assessing growth options
- Guide the client on ranking alternative strategies
- Provide a roadmap for putting new-found resources to work
- The brainstorming session will be held June 6th at the HBSCNY Office, 1460 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
- The brainstorming session will last approximately 2-2.5 hours.
- Questions? Contact Project Coordinator Barry Puritz, MBA 1965, firstname.lastname@example.org.