Help the BKS’s drive for more effective governance.
Nonprofit: Brooklyn Kindergarten Society
For more than 125 years, Brooklyn Kindergarten Society has provided children from Brooklyn working family’s early education that cultivates the skills they need to succeed in kindergarten and beyond. BKS strives to stop the cycle of poverty where it does the most harm—in early childhood.
BKS’s preschools serve children ages 2 – 4 and are in public housing in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Crown Heights, and Brownsville. BKS children receive early education, engaging classrooms, enriching experiences, and family services—a quality of care and education that children from lower-income families rarely receive.
Project: Create more effective Board Roles and Responsibilities
Brainstorm with BKS’s dynamic new Executive Director and select board members to define and create new responsibilities for the members. Discuss the compliance risks BKS faces in the short and long-term if it does not refine board roles and responsibilities in place prior to DOE Audit.
• Discuss the key regulatory environment that BKS faces
• Discuss risks and liabilities that can impact operations, finances, & organizational viability
• Define key responsibilities and near-term action plan for the board to mitigate risks
• Interested HBS alumni should sign up by October 18th at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PRCWY9H
• The brainstorming session will be held November 8th from 6pm to 8pm at LinkedIn in the Empire State Building 3rd Fl on 350 5th Ave, New York, NY 10118 .
• The brainstorming session will last approximately 2 hours.
• Questions? Contact Project Coordinator Leo Corbett, MBA1975, email@example.com.