Help write a strategic plan for their development efforts and design the organization to deliver that plan.
Nonprofit: St. Christopher’s Inc.
St Christopher’s Inc. is an innovative organization dedicated to helping children with special needs and their families, through both residential and day school programs. With three campuses (in Dobbs Ferry, Valhalla, and New Windsor), over 250 employees provide 24 hour supervision and deliver a coordinated ,interdisciplinary program for each youngster. New efforts in farm and animal programs, e.g. canine therapy, and a Young Women’s Leadership Center offer promise of greater results. More funding is needed to broaden these interventions.
Project: Strategic Planning
Develop a market assessment of funding possibilities for an organization like this one, and build hypotheses about the most promising possibilities:
- With school leaders, build a portfolio of funding possibilities and distill a list of highest probabilities
- Outline action plans to pursue these highest probability efforts
- Design the skills and capacities needed in a Development Office to implement these action plans
- Kick-off meeting to be scheduled for the week of March 4th , most likely in NYC. (The Dobbs Ferry campus is an easy commute from Grand Central).
- Time commitment approximately 10-15 hours per month for 3-4 months.
- Questions? Contact Project Coordinator Leo Corbett , MBA 1975, firstname.lastname@example.org.