The Latin American Film Center is ready to purchase its theater in NYC. Only problems: No paid staff and no money. Help this start-up brainstorm the next steps!
Nonprofit: Latin American Film Center
LAFC intends to develop a film center in NYC showing first-run, classic and documentary films about Latin America and the Caribbean, promoting research and preservation efforts related to such films and pursuing a cultural outreach program for Latino/Caribbean communities in the New York area. With a suitable building now available, LAFC must immediately engage in fundraising efforts aimed at hiring a full-time staff and developing the center into a broader cultural complex incorporating theater, music, art and other expressions of Latin American and Caribbean culture.
Project: Pre-Launch Strategic Planning
LAFC is an arts-related start-up with big dreams and a high probability of success. The goal of this brainstorming session is to suggest specific tasks and steps to accomplish quickly, in order to raise capital sufficient to develop a professional staff and launch a multi-million dollar fund-raising campaign.
- How to build an action team
- How to obtain funding for the next steps
- How to develop a board suitable for this project
- Interested HBS alumni should sign up by Friday, Feb 1, 2019 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NVN8TSX.
- The brainstorming session will be held Tuesday, Feb 12, 2019 at 6 pm at HBSCNY’s (1460 Broadway, at 41st Street)
- The brainstorming session will last approximately two and one-half hours.
- Questions? Contact Project Coordinator John O’Donnell, MBA 1977, John@TeamVGI.com.