NYC Salt seeks to create new career paths for underserved youth in the evolving visual arts job market, building on its current – and highly successful – programs.
Nonprofit: NYC SALT
NYC SALT creates opportunities in visual arts and pathways to college for underserved New York City youth by engaging them in a rigorous blend of professional photography instruction, one-on-one mentoring, college preparatory workshops, and career exposure. NYC SALT wants to expand its current programs to include an offering, tentatively called ‘The Shop’, that will be both an apprenticeship program providing certification to graduates, and a freelance photography and graphics agency serving the creative industry. The program will focus on ensuring that graduates
have the skills required to succeed as independent workers in the creative industry.
Project: Market Assessment
The goal of this project is to assess the size and characteristics of the market and, based on the findings of the market needs/opportunities, identify credentialing requirements. Through interviews and other research the team will:
- Determine market size, key market segments, and participants and roles within segments.
- Prioritize major target customer types
- Identify skills (hard & soft) and credentialing requirements
- Kick-off meeting to be scheduled for early June.
- Time commitment approximately 10-15 hours per month for 3-4 months.
- Questions? Contact Project Coordinator: Jessica Ziegler, MBA 1984, firstname.lastname@example.org.