Help John Jay’s new president and her team design an operational planning and tracking system for a series of exciting new initiatives aimed at enhancing student success.
Nonprofit: John Jay College of Criminal Justice
Since its founding focus on police science, John Jay has emerged as a preeminent and proudly diverse college of 15k students.With over half its 60k alumni working in public service, John Jay has become an important NYC institution. The College’s new president. Karol Mason, is focused on building on John Jay’s successes and addressing the “completion crisis” that plagues all of higher education. Her priority initiatives aim to support low-income, first generation students to complete their degrees and pursue post-graduate success. A management system is needed to help College leaders implement change.
Project: Operational Management System
Help College leadership refine the student success vision and concepts and translate them into an operational context:
- Help drive a focus to key priorities for the next two years
- Paint a picture of the process steps, metrics and timetables that would indicate real progress
- Design the President’s accountability and reporting construct to follow progress
- Interested HBS alumni should sign up by January 20 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/P3WKHVV.
- Kick-off meeting to be scheduled for the week of February 4 at 5pm at John Jay College (Amsterdam Avenue and 59th Street).
- Time commitment approximately 10-15 hours per month for 3-4 month.
- Questions? Contact, Project Coordinator Leo Corbett, MBA 1975, email@example.com.