Through creative arts, incarcerated men and women undergo a profound transformation. Many RTA alumni express remorse by helping others make better choices in life.
Nonprofit: Rehabilitation Through The Arts
Rehabilitation Through The Arts mission is to use the transformative power of the arts to develop social and cognitive skills that prisoners need for successful reintegration into the community. RTA also seeks to raise public awareness of the humanity behind prison walls. RTA is a commitment to a community of peers that uses the arts as a tool to support emotional, social and cognitive growth. Studies have shown that RTA participants demonstrate improved behavior and anger management, with fewer and less serious infractions compared to a control group.
Project: Strategic Planning
This brainstorming session will help identify the key issues to address in advance of RTA’s launching a strategic
planning project. What needs to be done before the planning project begins? Who are the stakeholders? How
should the planning project unfold? How will it be implemented?
- Provide a focus for the strategic plan
- Weigh priorities in establishing the plan
- Assess the best opportunities and direction for continued growth
- Interested HBS alumni should sign up by Feb 14, 2019 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M6Z96JY.
- The brainstorming session will be held Tuesday, February 26, at 6 pm at HBSCNY’s We Work Office,
1460 Broadway (at 41st Street)
- The brainstorming session will last approximately two and one-half hours
- Questions? Contact Project Coordinator John O’Donnell, MBA 1977, John@TeamVGI.com