Brainstorm to help transition Sharsheret’s Board structure and procedures to facilitate continued growth.
Sharsheret, a Community Partners Leadership Awards finalist, supports women and families living with or at high risk of breast or ovarian cancer. Sharsheret’s staff and volunteers provide counseling and peer support at
every stage of cancer, they also provide community education and genetic counseling to women and men who may have the BRCA gene mutation.
This gene mutation significantly increases risk for breast, ovarian, pancreatic, melanoma, prostate and male breast cancers. Sharsheret has cancer programs addressing parenting, treatment, and survivorship. Sharsheret is a Jewish organization that helps all women and men of all backgrounds.
Project: Board Composition, Board Procedures
Sharsheret’s current board are mostly women who have a personal connection to Sharsheret. However, the organization has experienced very high growth. Because of this, it needs to transition its board to that of a larger institution.
The brainstorming team will:
- Recommend ways of enlisting board members with financial capacity and relevant connections.
- Recommend procedures for board functioning. This might include committee structure and responsibilities.
- Interested HBS alumni should sign up by May 2nd at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZX76K9S.
- The brainstorming session will be in midtown Manhattan on May 9th.
- The session will last two hours from 6 – 8 pm.
- Time commitment approximately 1-2 hours of project prep plus single brainstorming session of 2-3 hours.
- Questions? Contact Project Coordinator Burt Rothberg, MBA 1975, email@example.com.