The Brooklyn Museum is at a crossroads: Help the new President explore different opportunities to increase earned revenue via admissions pricing.
The Brooklyn Museum is one of the world’s most welcoming and contemporary encyclopedic museums with an art collection of over 1.5 million works. Its mission is to create inspiring encounters with art that expand the ways we see ourselves, the world and its possibilities. A well-considered admissions pricing strategy is fundamental for the future of the Museum.
Project: Pricing Strategy
Historically, visitors pay what they want to visit the Brooklyn Museum. On top of suggested admission, the Brooklyn Museum also presents ticketed exhibitions for which paid admission is mandatory. Ticketed exhibitions represent an important source of income. Should the Museum increase the suggested admission and potentially make it mandatory?
• Benchmark admissions pricing for peer organizations
• Forecast potential revenue generated by various admissions options
• Recommend optimal pricing model
• Kick-off meeting to be scheduled for early to mid February.
• Time commitment approximately 10-15 hours per month for 3-4 months.
• Questions? Contact the Project Coordinator Joan Cheng, MBA 2002 at email@example.com.